WEEK 9: Wide World of Comics Response | Imhotep's Transformation


This week I enjoyed reading Imhotep's Transformation by Lucien de Gieter. The vibrant colors and theme of this comic is immediately what drew me in. The style reminded me of a Bible story you would read as a child. I liked the descriptive speech bubbles which felt very conversational and lighthearted. We, as westerners, might assume that a foreign comic with Egyptian subject matter might have cultural barrier, however it was easy to read and connect with the characters. You can tell this is a children's read and has been heavily diluted of culture because of how Westernized the comic is. While I feel like the storyline and plot was a typical hero's journey, it was still interesting to read and visualize. I can see this having the potential of being a TV series which I think would add cultural diversity and something different to the industry. 

-Abigail 

Comments

Popular Posts